Kido

Question And Answer

They're all considered modifiers. If it makes it easier for you, treat +x% as if it were an addition to your Accuracy or Evasion when doing the math. +20% being the same as 200 Accuracy, but it's really irrelevant which gets added first.

You add all your positive mods together, and then subtract the negative mods.

Its only important in some situations.

For example, if +x% were added after accuracy/evasion mads, then having a dynamic trap and 4 ranks of trap subtlety could, for all intents and purposes, give you a minimum to hit of 55% for a single technique regardless of your accuracy score.

Thank you for the clarification. 

One more though. When something mentions 'Total damage' it means after -all- modifiers have been applied, not just offensive ones, right?

Edited by Anonymous

In the description for a legendary character, there is:

"- Character may access Jutsu and Techniques one rank above their own for the normal cost, and treat it as though the jutsu were used by a higher rank."

My question is, what happens when a ninja uses a technique of their own rank? Does it still count as being used as a higher rank? The reason I ask is there are several skills and techniques that say "when used against a ninja/technique higher rank than you," and I want to clear up on things.

To example this:

Ninja A and Ninja B are both Chuunin. Ninja A is a legendary bonus and uses a Chuunin Technique. Can you count it as a Jounin ranked technique if used with a response justu?

Also,

Same scenario, but ninja B is attacking ninja A with a chuunin technique. Ninja A uses a response justu that is of Jounin Rank, but only works with techniques that are under your current rank. Would he be able to use the response technique?

In the description for a legendary character, there is:

"- Character may access Jutsu and Techniques one rank above their own for the normal cost, and treat it as though the jutsu were used by a higher rank."

My question is, what happens when a ninja uses a technique of their own rank? Does it still count as being used as a higher rank? The reason I ask is there are several skills and techniques that say "when used against a ninja/technique higher rank than you," and I want to clear up on things.

To example this:

Ninja A and Ninja B are both Chuunin. Ninja A is a legendary bonus and uses a Chuunin Technique. Can you count it as a Jounin ranked technique if used with a response justu?

Also,

Same scenario, but ninja B is attacking ninja A with a chuunin technique. Ninja A uses a response justu that is of Jounin Rank, but only works with techniques that are under your current rank. Would he be able to use the response technique?

You’re misreading the clause. What it says is, Character X can perform Tech Y as if he was the same rank as Tech Y.  This has no affect over techs equal to your rank or less.  

Putting this into perspective, Kentaro (Hakkai’s legendary) can use Water Dragon Blast Skill with the  skill and ease of a Mist Chunin.  Thus, Ryyuu could not  doge Kentaro’s Blast with the lowly Genin Body Flick. However, If Kentaro used Dragon Fire Skill, a simple Genin tech, Ryuyu could successfully doge with his Genin Body Flick.

Remember, Genjustu techniques specifically target and abuse the mind. So, a Genjustu based burn would convinces the mind that the body’s on fire, inflicting ghost damage.  On the other hand, you could probably create a Genjustu that inflicts actually bleeding from the brain/nose, but that’s forbidden level mind-breaking.

So, I'll take a stab at answering this. No you wouldn't be able to use a main phase.  The reason being that this skill allows you to use a regular technique as if it were a Response Phase Jutsu. That being said, you still incur the negatives of Response phase techs.

EDIT; The skill answers your question actually 

User must sacrifice their setup and main phase. Useable as many times per battle as ranks in this skill.

It's the very last line of the effect area.

Edited by PandaMattMatt

For the Fourth Gate, what does this phrase mean exactly? It's worded quite weirdly.

"Area of effect attacks used by opponents are considered to be used by a ninja of one rank higher in terms of success range."

So if an opponent uses an AoE attack, does it mean they gain the advantage or the user does?

Would inner peace stack with inner calm and skills like that?

To clarify - Inner Peace and Inner Calm will stack with any cost reduction skills unless the 'skills like that' say otherwise. Some of the more efficient cost reduction skills may have clauses like "does not stack with other abilities".

Question 1:

What constitutes 'Void Damage'? Is it just ninjutsu with no element, or is damage from a taijutsu technique also considered void because it has no element attached to it?

Question 2:

Is the cost for attacking with a weapon per strike, or per full attack? (Only one answer is acceptable here.)

Edited by Cellar Door

2. Are you sure? Because... if I'm a Genin and if I have a level 10 medium weapon, and a Taijutsu of 100;

1 Strike:

Total Cost - 10 Stamina

Total Damage - 45 Damage

3 Strikes:

Total Cost - 30 Stamina

Total Damage - 45 Damage

But with a much larger margin for error. So... I mean... where's the logic there?

Edited by Cellar Door

It is per attack, not per strike. This is my mistake because Rhap Sodos asked me earlier and I told her strike without thinking.

From the Weapon rules, first line.

Weapon attacks are considered multi-hit jutsu and as such follow the same rules as multi-hit jutsu. In addition though, weapon attacks also have their base damage divided per attack as well. So a weapon that deals 50 base damage would deal 25 and 25 if it were used for two swings, before modifiers.