Kido

Question And Answer

First) Ok cool

Second) I was using that as an example that elements that go in don't enhance it. What I am getting as is the following

Abilities of any kind that reduce the damage of a certain element by a %, still work to some degree against combinatorial elements with said element as a part of it, but the percentage is lowered. For example, if you have 50% reduction to wind damage then you would have a 25% reduction to sand damage, since sand is made up of 50% of wind, and 50% of 50% is 25%. These percentiles are rounded down.

So we can reduce combinatorials effectiveness based on the elements inside but we cannot increase it based on the elements. What I have been getting at this whole time, but I guess I did not word it correctly.

Third) I am not trying to create anything, so no I cannot do anything special. Just asking a question, and now bringing a point to light.

EDIT: Panda you can take more than one ninjutsu mastery at once. Also sorry if my last statement came off dickish CD I did not mean for it to.

Edited by Leon

I knew where your logic was coming from, and while not all of the armor bonuses make sense (i.e. An item that negates water damage really doesn't have a place negating wood, in my mind. The differences between material is too great.) we, as staff have to think about the balance of the game.

Those armor abilities are expensive, and even when you get to the second tier, they exponentionally become less efficient. Ninjutsu Mastery is a skill that's not hard to max out, especially with taking Path of the Scholar, and while 100 damage/50 damage/ 25 damage isn't unreasonable (assuming it did scale for higher tier elements and you had every rank.)... it's not what you are paying for when you take the skill.

The subtle elements bonus effects are fairly recent in NA terms, and we created them to allow each element to be flavorful, and to have these scaling benefits included in higher tier elements. Ninjutsu Mastery however reflects applied learning in a certain field. I used wood as a good example before. Earth, and water... neither of those would really reflect a greater understanding of how to manipulate a lifeforms growth.

The long and short of it, is that no, Ninjutsu Mastery only benefits the element chosen when it's taken.

1.05: Location Rules

1. If you are on a Mission, you cannot be elsewhere. Missions are defined as something with a Rank, and that will net you a specific amount of EXP/Money. 

2. If you are training, you may also participate in an RP thread. 

I was under the impression missions and RP threads were kind of the same thing, but I guess not. So, mission = reward at end, RP thread = just for fun/story, correct? (and now I need to find out if the thread I'm doing is mission or RP. . . holy crap this site is complicated)

There are five ways to gain EXP: [see: How to Earn EXP, and EXP Amounts]

1. Training

2. Mission

3. Battle 

4. Gamemaster Arc

5. Bonus

As it is written, Missions are defined by the 4.04 Mission Rules. A Gamemaster Arc might be called a "mission", but for the sake of experience and location rules it should be considered something different. Bear in mind that not all RP defaults to a GM/Story Arc - it is entirely possible to have an RP thread and gain no experience

To your point, Location Rules should could probably use some clarification. I'm not sure they were updated after we formalized Gamemaster Arc EXP.

and now my brain hurts. 

Ok, I'm pretty sure I'm in a Gamemaster arc. It's called Family Reunion, and I'm doing it with Lemon, GMed by Azure. I'll have to ask one of them later if it's for exp or not. 

So, rewording my original question to match my new understanding, if this is for exp, then I cannot do a training thread simultaneously. But if this isn't for exp, then I'm free to train at the same time. Correct?

So, rewording my original question to match my new understanding, if this is for exp, then I cannot do a training thread simultaneously. But if this isn't for exp, then I'm free to train at the same time. Correct?

Correct!

I am going to piggy back off your question here Zero (if you do not mind). To the extent of his question can you make another thread that is a solo thread that you plan to work on over time for XP while performing a GM story arc? Or would that be special cases only?

Edited by Leon

As far as I know that would be on a case by case basis, there's nothing hard and fast set down in stone about that sort of stuff. If you're talking about costs and whatever, that would depend more on the effects of whatever you are summoning and stuff like that. If you're wondering how you would go about it, I guess you would create something like rashomon as an individual technique (high-level, jounin or sennin I'd guess) and take it forward from there.

Legendary items are usually created in the items forum and usually have some kind of word limit tagged on (like a quest to find them type thing). Again, there doesn't seem to be any set rules for them - it's all case by case. I'd just have a look through some of the examples there to see how their done. Word of warning - won't be a simple task to knock one of those up though!

Fixed your member mask, you should be able to see the RP now. Azure is the staff member in charge of Kiri, so shoot him and PM to let him know you've been approved and he will be able to hook you up with a GM and all the goodies that come with playing the game.