Kido

Question And Answer

Well so far as we know, that's the only technique of that element that exists because that's all it does. The more literal translation is "particle style" and he deconstructs things on a molecular level. In all honesty it's not that big of a deal, I was just curious. And so far as I know, nobody on NA uses Dust anyway, so what does it really matter?

Edited by ZeroFate

There are some dust users, I myself was thinking of using dust with some of my characters. Once again we created the dust element literally to serve as dust before Naruto Canon even had thought of it. The idea of particle style seems redundant in this case considering dust is in fact particles floating in the air. And to quote eechi...

try getting hit in the face with dust. That shit ain't pleasant.

:lol:

I wasn't going to get too crazy with it. It's basically the same kind of under-armor chain-mail that most characters wear in the series (those grey checkered t-shirts they wear under their clothes are supposed to be chain-mail. Go figure). 

Shiva The Destroyer says that I can't take any other skills that affect genjutsu if I have it, but I already have Sealed Genjutsu as a hinderance. Do I need to take "Overcoming your problems" first to get rid of Sealed Genjutsu before I take Shiva? (I mean, the restriction on Shiva is literally the exact same thing as Sealed Genjutsu, so does it really matter?)

If you have ninjutsu mastery for (insert element) and that element is part of a combinatorial element, do you get a partial benefit from it?

Say you have rank 10 of fire and you use a steel jutsu, would you get +50 damage as fire is half of steel?

I was wondering this as all the combinatorial can be downgraded by elements in them, so i was wondering if they could get upgraded by elements in them.

Don't take my word for it since I don't know the system very well, but I think that combinatorial elements can only have the bonus of one of the subtle elements skills applied to them. So you could have steel techniques that do burn damage as part of Subtle Elements Fire, but if you want Steel to do extra damage from Ninjutsu Mastery, then you have to take a rank in Ninjutsu Mastery and declare Steel as the desired element. 

That's just how I read it, I could be wrong, so you should probably wait for an Admin/Mod to confirm it. 

ZF's got it spot on. Subtle/Combinatorial Elements reflects the inherent bonuses of the element themselves, but Ninjutsu Mastery is a reflection of heightened understanding and prowess in a single element. (I.E; Fire can cause burn damage as per it's subtle element effect, and steel can do bleed damage using fires element bonus. But someone who specializes in fire ninjutsu won't really have any greater understanding of how to use steel because they're epic shit with fire.) You follow me?

So would you have ninjutsu mastery for the combinatorial element? To that extent if you have all five ninjutsu mastery and say for argument sake that it's maxed out for each one, wouldn't it make sense that it would transfer over to the combinatorial considering the user would have complete grasp of all the elements that go into the combinatorial?

My logic for that is: While the character would have a complete understanding of Fire, Steel is still a completely separate element even though it uses fire as a building block. I mean, think about it. Steel is metal, solid matter, while Fire is heat and photons. Those elements aren't even going to behave even close to similarly. Steel can do burn damage because maybe you ran some extra fire while making it so it's hot steel, but it's still not fire.

also, that would kind of make CEs broken if you could get Ninjutsu Mastery in the combo element itself and all the Subtle Elements that make it up. You could do +150 alone with every attack of a tier 1 CE, not to mention the higher tiers.  

I am saying it as an either or, not both together. It makes more sense to me to be so good at the basics that using an element that comprises of the basics  would get the benefit of it. Let's use a different element other than that like scorch. Scorch is completely fire carried by wind, should that not get a fire or wind bonus? Sure there are more obscure combinatorials, but then there are those that rely heavily on one of the basic elements that make them. Either way, can someone from staff answer the previous question?

First, yes, you take Ninjutsu Mastery in the combinatorial element.

Second. Why, would the dynamics of a skill change just because of the amount of ranks you have? No. Even if you've sunk 50 SP in maxing out all five basic elements, it still won't effect a combinatorial element.

Third. You do realize this is NA right? If you want a character to be able to do something special... we do have methods for that.

Edited by Cellar Door