Kido

Question And Answer

Quick questions regarding scroll usage:

Let's say you use a scroll against someone and your character is under an effect that requires more chakra to use a technique, do you have to pay the cost with your own chakra?

EX: Ninja A uses a Gravity technique against Ninja B and the hit is successful. On Ninja B's next turn, they decide to use a scroll to attack their opponent. However, due to Gravity's effect, would Ninja B have to pay the extra 40% cost out of their own chakra pool?

The reason I ask is, logically, since the scroll doesn't technically cost the user anything to use, there is nothing to pay for the additional cost. However, the battle system has it's own rules set. (For multi-hit justu I know the answer is yes for using anything other than the first technique, but I'm inquiring about techniques with a solid cost.)

Much Love!

If you're using additional chakra to pay for something in the scroll, (ie. Multi-Hit or something) then yes, you will have to pay the additional chakra as well. If you're just firing off a scroll and not paying for anything, then you're not going to have to pay for the additional cost.

And here's Hakkai with another question! Wheeeee~

Multi-hit justu! So there are several of them throughout the game that have a "if x amount of attacks hit out of y, then the opponent is under a status effect." How would you calculate that into the cost of a technique along with the damage? I did some research and I couldn't find a rule on it.

Easy Example,

Super Super Burning Punch Technique!

Type: Taijustu

Damage: 5 attacks of 20 damage

Effect: If at least 3 of the 5 attacks manage to hit the opponent, then they are burned for 1 turn.

The way I've been told the above justu would only cost 80 stamina, however there is a greater chance of hitting the opponent with the status effect. What makes sense to me is that you split the cost of the effect between the minimum amount of strikes that need to hit the opponent and multiply it by the maximum number, in this case making the cost instead 100. Am I over thinking this? If so, what's the minimum required percentage wise  of strikes per attack to be allowed to do such a thing?

EDIT: More questions!

Can the skill Savior be used with a clone if it uses up your total for the battle?

And my last 2 questions are about Paths:

Path of the Scholar says you can buy 2 ranks of Subtle Elements for The cost of 1, but does that mean you can have more than 3 ranks of this skill?

And if you wanted to keep the same Path but change the bonuses you decided for it for a basic path, would you have to do walking a different path? I ask this because when I get to level 100, I will have all the elements I need so the above won't be really useful to Hakkai. I'd much rather put the effort into the scrolls aspect of things.

Edited by Cho Hakkai

1. Last time I worked with a multi-hit like that there was a roughly 50% chance to get the effect off, so I halfed the cost of the effect, and divided it by the number of maximum hits with the technique. So, it's just good judgement.

2. I'm pretty sure you can not. Read the new rules on it, looks real weird in reference to a clone.

3. Path Of The Scholar sucks horse balls. (Answer; No, you only get like 1 free SP from that turdish branch)

4. Good question, Walking A Different Path sounds like a good move to me.

1.) KC is right here.

2.) These are the rules (under clone rules) you are looking for.

- Clones may use all abilities of the user except for Bloodline Abilities, Celestial Gates, Summoning, or Bunshin techniques.

- Skills & Techniques cannot go beyond their battle limits with clone usage included.

- Clones cannot roll to try and take an attack for an ally or the user. They may only do so through the use of the savior skill.

3.) What KC said again. Spoilers, the latest news update had Paths Update Part 1, which implies....

4.) Walking a Different Path would be a good choice here.

When does Chakra/Stamina regeneration occur for clones? Is it every time you regenerate, or do they only regen on turns where they get phases? 

Does a clone regenerate based on its own chakra pool, or its maker's?

Do Advanced Regeneration skills transfer to clones? And how would they affect the previous questions if so?

Edited by ZeroFate

1.) Good question, it is a bit unclear. As of now I will side on the side of better bonuses and say whenever the user regenerates. Expect further clarification for this in the future.

2.) The clone regenerates based on its own energy pools, not the users.

3.) Yes they do. The rule is "- Clones may use all abilities of the user except for Bloodline Abilities, Celestial Gates, Summoning, or Bunshin techniques." I don't think further explanation of earlier questions is needed.

Would a taijutsu technique that has an element receive the bonuses from ninjutsu mastery? I'm guessing no.

How are bonuses from ninjutsu mastery and martial artists calculated in nin/tai hybrids is it divided by 2 like the mods are?

How exactly would you use savior in a battle? Would you post before the ninja being attacked saying that you're taking the damage instead?

Does it take up your next response phase?

Does the ninja being attacked still get a response phase?

Does it affect speed percentile if you use Savior?

Under response phase rules there is the following.

Responding to Attacks Not Aimed At You

You can only respond properly to attacks aimed at you. If you are in a team fight you can however jump in front of a single attack aimed at a comrade. To do so you roll a 20 sided dice. If you roll a 6 or higher you succeed, 1-5 is a failure. You cannot block, dodge or use a skill/technique; you simply take the damage and all effects of the attack instead of your comrade. This is a Setup Phase action that may only be used if you have no Response Phases this turn. (you get no Response Phases if no one attacked you)

Savior follows those rules when not defined.

Does it take up your next response phase?

- No, Setup Phase.

Does the ninja being attacked still get a response phase?

- No, the attack is stopped and unless there is another attack coming at them they do not get a Response Phase.

Does it affect speed percentile if you use Savior?

- No, savior can only be used on your own turn.

Can we get a concrete definition on the wording in Kage Bunshin? I'm currently confused on how stat division works. I'll provide some scenarios.

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu (Shadow Clone Technique)

Type: Ninjutsu [Konoha]

Cost: 70x Chakra

Effect: In terms of chakra cost calculation 'x' is equal to the number of clones created through this technique. May be used in the Main Phase or the Set-Up Phase. If used in the Set-Up Phase, the user's Main Phase is not consumed. Clones created during the user's Set-Up Phase may take part in any technique that requires the presence of physical clones during the Main Phase following their creation, but are destroyed during the Loss Phase. Shadow clones have 1 Health Point, with the rest of their statistics being equal to their creator's, divided by the number of clones created plus the creator [statistics/(x+1)] . 1 clone may be created by shinobi of Gennin rank, 4 by Chuunin, 7 by Jounin, and 14 by Sennin. This ratio is modified for ninja from Konohagakure to 2 by Gennin, 6 by Chuunin, 10 Jounin, and 18 by Sennin.

Description: Years of steady usage has made the Shadow Clone Technique a common site on many a battlefield. Despite being a work-horse technique amongst shinobi, Kage Bunshin remains a versatile maneuver in many combat situations. Through means of the technique, the user is capable of quickly creating physical doppelgangers. The applications for these clones are numerous and every shinobi who learns Kage Bunshin No Jutsu seems to devise their own style with it. The clones themselves are much more fragile than the ninja that they imitate as they can be dispatched with little effort. History lends credence to the commonly held belief that the Shadow Clone Technique originated in the Land Of Fire some time before the creation of the first hidden villages. Since it's advent though, the technique has spread greatly and now shinobi of every denomination have been seen making use of the skill. Ninja hailing from Konohagakure No Sato still seem to be the most gifted with the use of shadow clones. Some say they have developed secret differences from the basic technique that allows them greater benefit.

Cost: 4

Specifically, this line creates the problem: "Shadow clones have 1 Health Point, with the rest of their statistics being equal to their creator's, divided by the number of clones created plus the creator [statistics/(x+1)]"

So if you make 3 Clones...each have 1/4 of your stats. Coolio.

But what if you make 2 clones....then make another one clone later? Do all your clones get weaker?

By the same token, if you make 3 clones, but one gets destroyed, do your clones get stronger because there are now less of them?

I asked around on skype, got 2 different answers, and was encouraged to put it in the Q&A so it can have a formal, public answer.

---------------

In a related question: What is the reasoning behind the rule "Any attack aimed that user that misses will automatically hit one of their clones." So my clones and I can be on opposite sides of the battlefield, the enemy tosses a shuriken at me, and it magically finds it way to my clone?

I think it has something to do with the original Bunshin no Jutsu, the one that makes illusionary dopplegangers and gives you dodge bonus. But then it makes more sense to just put that effect line IN the original technique. Everytime an attack misses Syaoran, does it hit his Essence Clone?

Edited by Kouta

Kage Bunshin: Bunshin statistics are static once created. If you make three, they'll have a quarter of your stats. If you make one more on the next turn, the one will have half your stats. If one of the original three is destroyed, the statistics do not change.

Clone Auto-Hit Rule: This rule assumes that you missed because you were aiming at a clone instead of the real version of your enemy. At least, that's how I see. The rule is very legacy, and kind of leaves no point to clones even having Evasion. But that's my justification for the logic.

Giving a firm stamp to KC's clone answer, that is how the technique works. The stats are set at creation and do not change.

As for clones, let me direct you here first (4th question)

http://ninja-academy-online.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32937&p=356805

Coalescence techniques: what are the rules about learning a technique that can only be used with a coalescence? Let's justu A and justu B together make justu C. Do you have to have the minimum requirements for chakra and ninjustu as you would per a normal technique to put it on your sheet or do you just pay the jp costs so you can use justu C when you use A or B?

Since we're talking about clones, if you are attacked with a multi-hit justu and all of them miss, do they get directed towards only one clone or do you lose a clone per strike missed?

Can kage's become missing nin through use of Forbidden Kinjustu or in general?

The wording on the site in regards to creating techniques is a bit fuzzy for me.

Jounin
0-40 damage points – 1 tech point
41-80 damage points – 2 tech point
81-130 damage points – 3 tech point
131-170 damage points – 4 tech point
171-220 damage points – 5 tech point
221-270 damage points – 6 tech point
          (270 = Max Genjutsu Damage, the extra 120 can be used for effects)
271-320 damage points – 7 tech point
          (320 = Max Ninjutsu Damage, the extra 60 can be used for effects)
321-380 damage points - 8 tech points
          (380 = Max Taijutsu Damage)

Does the max damage mean the DP value or the total damage it can actually have? The reason I ask is 380 and 760 for damage for a Taijustu attack is a big difference.

Sorry for the onslaught of questions.

Edited by Cho Hakkai

Can kage's become missing nin through use of Forbidden Kinjustu or in general?

Probably not. A kage has more political authority and autonomy than most modern heads of state. The only ways to strip and arrest a kage is through a majority council vote (Varies by village), rebellion or a Daimyo’s verdict.  The latter is problematic in Oto where the Kage and Daimyo’s are the same person, giving him greater authority.

Does the max damage mean the DP value or the total damage it can actually have? The reason I ask is 380 and 760 for damage for a Taijustu attack is a big difference.

Total damage. Tai has greater raw damage to compensate for its limited utility (no clones, no summons, fewer debuffs)

Attacks made from behind barriers get 50% mods, simple enough. What about medical techiques? Is is half of the mods total, or is it 50% mods because you're basic medic and another 50% of those mods (so only 25%) because it was a healing technique behind a barrier?

Coalescence techniques: what are the rules about learning a technique that can only be used with a coalescence? Let's justu A and justu B together make justu C. Do you have to have the minimum requirements for chakra and ninjustu as you would per a normal technique to put it on your sheet or do you just pay the jp costs so you can use justu C when you use A or B?

Since we're talking about clones, if you are attacked with a multi-hit justu and all of them miss, do they get directed towards only one clone or do you lose a clone per strike missed?

Please?

Your first question doesn't make much sense. So you want two techniques (A & B) that do nothing unless they are both used which creates jutsu C? Are you asking if you need the minimum stat allocation to preform Jutsu C? If so, no you do not. Jutsu C is not a real jutsu, it is just the combined effect of A & B. All you need to do is be able to cast A & B. Of course, if for some reason B is not able to be cast then A would just have no effect except spent Chakra?

All missed strikes would hit the same clone. Damage is not taken until the end of the phase, at which point that clone turns into a fine mist of <element>.

Two (hopefully) quick questions!

1. Activated crit and multi-strike techniques: Would the activated crit bonus apply to every strike? 

2. Weapon swings: Just to clarify, the damage of a single weapon swing is X[weapon level x weapon size modifier] + Y[user's attack mod / # swings]?

Thanks!

EDIT:

And more!

3. Critical blocks: I feel it's pretty straightforward if it happens when the opponent rolls a block within your crit range. Half of total critical damage is dealt?

4. I have half a skill point. Is there anything I can do with it?

Edited by Cloudnine