Kido

Question And Answer

1. Additional words will carry over as experience.

2. We’ll factor the training clause into the overall cost/length, but this’ll vary significantly by the weapon, its abilities, etc. 

• Like 1

Martial Artist

You put the art in martial arts. Your expertise with the style that you possess puts others to shame and enemies to the ground.

For each rank of this skill choose a Taijutsu Style. Taijutsu of the chosen Style deal a bonus +5 damage per ninja rank of the technique (per skill rank). You may choose "Styleless" Taijutsu as your chosen style, which would include any Taijutsu that does not fall under a specific type of fighting style. Basic Attacks deal a bonus +3 damage per strike (per rank).

Ex: Genin techniques gain +5 damage, Chuunin techniques gain +10 damage, etc.

Ex: Genin Basic attacks gain +3 damage per strike, Chuunin +6 per strike, etc.

10 Ranks

-1 SP

Ugh, this lead to a bit of a (small) argument between me and a friend and... it confused even Cellar when I asked for clarification afterwards...

Initially it seems to be Per rank of skill with the last few words of the description....

Basic Attacks deal a bonus +3 damage per strike (per rank).

But then the example comes in....

Ex: Genin Basic attacks gain +3 damage per strike, Chuunin +6 per strike, etc.

So, ugh, example.

Level 50 Chuunin, 10 Ranks taken of Martial artist...

Is it + 30 or + 60 per rank.

Is it a static +30 Regardless of rank..? Or would it go +30, +60, +90, +120 for Gen, Chu, Jou, Sen?

Because.. per strike?

Jesus... that's impressive.

A 900 Taijutsu Sennin gets.. +150 + 5 Base for basic attacks... and then.. +120 With that per strike?

Even if that 150 is split between each strike... Strikes are suddenly hitting 151 for X stamina each?

If that isn't split per strike? Yeah, what, 275 per strike for 5 damage? Right, it is split.

I guess that's a bit... off the point.

So, +3 Per rank of skill no matter ninja rank? [Flat 30]

Or +3 Per ninja rank * Rank of skill? [30, 60, 90, 120]

This is kind of something I'd like Azure or CNTR to answer just because Cellar had to change his mind when I showed him the example.

Edited by MadKatters

It sounds like to me what we need here is an elaboration on the description.  We may need to update the wording and find a more eloquent way of not using the ambiguous word 'rank' twice...

For every rank of the skill  Martial Artist, you get +3x damage.  x is according to these ranks: Genin= 1, Chuunin = 2, Jounin = 3, Sennin = 4.  

Let's say that we are a level 50 Chuunin with 900 Taijutsu and rank 10 Martail Artist.  You will gain a bonus of +60.

So once we know this, we then ask how many basic attacks we are making and then follow the multiple hit rules. If we are making three strikes, 900 Taijutsu translates to +150 damage.  This is then the equation.

Basic attack: 5 [base] + 50 [tai mods] + 20 [martial artist] = 75 damage x3.

• Like 1

It sounds like to me what we need here is an elaboration on the description.  We may need to update the wording and find a more eloquent way of not using the ambiguous word 'rank' twice...

For every rank of the skill  Martial Artist, you get +3x damage.  x is according to these ranks: Genin= 1, Chuunin = 2, Jounin = 3, Sennin = 4.  

Let's say that we are a level 50 Chuunin with 900 Taijutsu and rank 10 Martail Artist.  You will gain a bonus of +60.

So once we know this, we then ask how many basic attacks we are making and then follow the multiple hit rules. If we are making three strikes, 900 Taijutsu translates to +150 damage.  This is then the equation.

Basic attack: 5 [base] + 50 [tai mods] + 20 [martial artist] = 75 damage x3.

So, then, the example was correct? It is a 3*NinRank * SkillRank for a strike? Seeing as you say 60... I'm going to assume so. That clarifies it nicely. (It's nasty as hell)

Also, yeah, as Rhap said... It's... +60... per strike...

So, A Chuunin is hitting.. 5 + 50 + 60 x 3.

Or, 115 Per Strike.

Which, might cost a person 345 (Total of 3 Strike) stamina but... that's way more then a Chuunin is hitting with a jutsu of their rank, even multi-hit (If my sleep-deprived math is correct.)

That's... scary.

IN GENERAL though, the Ranks of a skill description could use an edit for this and a few things to clarify.

Might I suggest you just go NRank and SRank?

NRank = Ninja Rank

SRank = Skill Rank.

Alternatively.. NinRank and SkRank, etc.

Though NRank and SRank look cleaner. (nRank or sRank do as well)

I have a potentially confusing question.

If a character effected with confused uses an area of effect technique (for the sake of this question, we'll assume it's the basic AoE which hits everyone but the caster ordinarily), who does it hit? Just the caster? The caster as well as everyone else? Does it just work normally since you don't really 'target' anyone?

Confused: You have a 50% chance to target yourself every time you use an offensive attack. 
Max Duration: 3 turns 
DP: 30/turn

I uh, think it's the pokemon rule. Surf will hit everybody on the field if you do it right, but if you're confused, you stupidly fuck up and hurt yourself.

That's a bad... way of putting it.

Pokemon would have surf hit everyone BUT The user in team/multi battles.

If the pokemon was confused it'd only hurt them....

So, are we seriously saying if you're confused... using an AoE Is basically a lolout?

Sure, you risk hitting yourself... but you still get a chance to hit them. It's like two tries and not one....

That came out ruder then I meant, sorry... er-

Right, I'm kind.. of wondering on that myself though. It really seems like if you're confused, even if it's an aoe, it strikes only you. I mean, it can easily be said "Target was so confused they miscalculated field of AoE Needed and misaimed and hit themself" Or something...

Whatever RP Fluff reason they're confused and hitting themself over can easily be put to an AoE Hiccup that only hits them.

Actually according to the rules at this very moment, AoE don't actually 'target' in the same way single-target attacks do. So as of right now, AoE would function normally. However, now that this was pointed out, that MAY be subject to change. TO THE LIST!

Stupid clarification, I Think I know the answer but want to be 100% Sure.

Level 1-10:

When Training Alone: 2 EXP per line.

Bonus to Others: +0.5 EXP* per line.

Maximum EXP per Line: 4 EXP

Level 11-20:

When Training Alone: 2.5 EXP per line.

Bonus to Others: +0.5 EXP* per line.

Maximum EXP per Line: 4.5 EXP

Level 21-75:

When Training Alone: 3 EXP per line.

Bonus to Others: +1 EXP* per line.

Maximum EXP per Line: 5 EXP

Level 76-100:

When Training Alone: 3.5 EXP per line.

Bonus to Others: +1 EXP* per line.

Maximum EXP per Line: 5.5 EXP

Level 101-120:

When Training Alone: 4 EXP per line.

Bonus to Others: +1.5 EXP* per line.

Maximum EXP per Line: 6 EXP

Is it when training -in- those level brackets you earn that EXP or when you're training for?

Level 0 Not being included in the first bracket but still getting EXP at level 0 at the rates from 1-10 makes me wonder.

I'm going to assume it's when you're in that bracket.

So, a level 10 player would still earn 2.0 EXP when training alone and not 2.5?

Yes. General Rule of Thumb: Unless they say they don't stack, they usually can. 

Successful: Your character begins with $75 extra and monetary mission rewards are 10% higher.
Freelancer: Whenever you would gain money, you may gain an additional $3 for every $10 you are given.

I have a question regarding the Path of the Artisan, namely two of it's path skills.

- Journeyman: May gain 2 ranks of 'Merchant' for one (1) skill point.
- Craftsman: User may write words to create or upgrade equipment at a cost ratio of $3 per 2 EXP earned.

Merchant Smooth talker, you never pay full price.
You get a 5% discount at stores. 10* -1 SP

Can these abilities be used together? From their wording I'm guessing not, which is unfortunate, but I thought it would be best to ask.