Kido

Question And Answer

Normally I have gennin that I GM go through a series of training where they "learn" to do this. However, there is nothing to keep you from walking on water or up walls from the start. My personal suggestion is to use it as a milemarker for your character's progression in chakra control. (I.E. - Don't be able to do it at level 1, learn it somewhere in RP.)

In addition to what they said, Cellar Door made a nifty set of skills that are jounin-taught SP only that happen to fill exactly what you're looking for. They are by no means mandatory, but are a nifty little something that you can ask your gm to train with you for.

They're found here.

Just write up the RP and post it, then get a mod to give you the nod. Azure is Hokage, but any mod will do.

Edit: You can also get a Mod or GM to RP with you and train your character, which would result in more EXP.

Edited by Rhapsody

Is there any sort of form or way to create a taijutsu style that would work similarly to a bloodline? And by that, I mean something that would drain your stamina every turn like how a bloodline drains chakra - the reason I ask is because I am considering making a style based on the different animal styles of Kung Fu, which would allow you to change between each animal for different effects, but would drain stamina every time.

I don't know if a current list is available to the public at the moment, but they are all considered under NPC control. Due to power balance issues they are not given to PC characters. The "Yokai" are the stand in for the Bijuu as far as flavor goes. Some of the Bijuu are in Jinchuuriki and some of them are sealed in various locations. If you had specific questions about certain ones I could try and answer them best I can.

If you have combination ninjutsu/taijutsu techniques to add... which custom do I place them under?

Either one. I'd put it under whichever you consider the more 'dominant' of the two. I believe I made mine under Taijutsu when I created one as it was a 'kick' move.

Speaking of...

Is it to save on space/sub-boards or is it just because everyone is so busy as it is that we don't have more organized creation forums?

I'd half expected to see a Negative/Hindering Skill sub-forum based around type or even cost and then one for Hybrids or Bloodline/Clan techniques to be separated from the other Nin/Tai/Gen stuff.

There is a hindering skill forum. And there are so many forums already. I used to be a mod and I can tell you that moving stuff gets worse the more forums we have.

I don't think we've ever had so many different types of techs being submitted that we need the different forums... I guess we've always just had nin/gen/tai forums and settled into it.

Speaking of...

Is it to save on space/sub-boards or is it just because everyone is so busy as it is that we don't have more organized creation forums?

I'd half expected to see a Negative/Hindering Skill sub-forum based around type or even cost and then one for Hybrids or Bloodline/Clan techniques to be separated from the other Nin/Tai/Gen stuff.

See Bolded.

As for Jutsu there are roughly 1800 Topics now. It might be a pain to go through all the Nin pages, but creating a Sub-Forum for Hybrids wouldn't be -that- bad.

Well there are so few hindering skills that I can't see why we'd need seperate forums but I'm sorry if I offended you by missing that bit.

Tbh at this point doing that would be an absolutely massive undertaking for staff and I don't see it happening. They have a lot on their plates already.

Fun Fact: NA has a roughly... 450ish subforums (give or take, I manually counted all the possible locations I could move a thread to.) A lot of these are old or archived forums, but it's what happens when you have characters that have existed for 10+ years. It's not really "safe" to delete anything. 

The idea for Hybrid Technique forums has merit, but it's going to be one of those pet project type things that Staff member does on a weekend when they're bored and having nothing more pressing to do (which isn't going to be anytime in the immediate future, as most of us are wrapped up in the current tournament and you can bet there are going to be new updates after that). We would also have to do it in bits and pieces because even if we tried to mass move all those "Hybrid" threads it would out  massive strain on the database, and not every thread that shows up when you search the word "Hyrbid" is actually a "Hybrid" technique. (So a lot of manual back checking). Also why proper tagging of a technique is VERY IMPORTANT. 

The second part would be going through those threads and finding any of the dead ones and moving them out as well. Just because a technique is old doesn't mean it's out of date. 

A couple of quick tips though, to make your searching for any technique: 

• Anything prior to 2009 is most likely invalid. This was when 7.0 was pushed out and involved some pretty major mechanic changes. 
  • March 2012 is when we switched to NA  8.0, and have been rolling out smaller incremental changes since then. Be cautious of anything made before then. 

On that second point - it wasn't until we made changes in April that we nailed down all the different type of Hyrbid (Nin/Gen, Nin/Tai, Tai/Gen, etc.) and made rules and restrictions for each. 

tl;dr - We're a bunch of volunteers for 10+ year old RP Community. Is there room for improving the forum structure and regularly checking the validity of techniques? Most certainly. Is it high on our priority list? Not... really. We're here for fun to, and going through the backlog of techniques is a pretty daunting (and probably terribly unfun) thing to do. 

The rules on skill ranks needed a hotfix due to the incorrect wording (- The maximum skill ranks obtainable by a character is their level divided by five (5) rounded up. Exceptions to these rules will be marked with a * next to their rank amount, or mentioned within the skill itself if it is a custom skill.)

This is from Rhap Sodos in Arrakis and I was just wondering if we were still abiding by this rule? Some of my characters i keep at low ranks of the skill as to not violate the rule.

If I am reading what you're asking correctly... yes, you can have one technique that grants full/full chain opening to three other techniques. 

Things to keep in mind: 

• A technique like this would be priced as an "or" technique, e.g. "Grants Full/Chain Opening to Technique A -or- B -or- C.", which means you'd have to pay for each instance of Full Opening. 
  • ... That is going to get very expensive, very fast. 

The difference between Full and Full Chain is whether or not you can (you guessed it) Chain the techniques. if you Technique -> Full Opening, you can't do it again on your next turn. You can however, Technique -> Full Chain Technique -> Full Chain Technique -> Full Chain Technique. 

http://ninja-academy-online.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25588&hl=%2Bsmooth+%2Bcriminal

So Arisu has both of these. The mainsite skill "Freelancer" (Earn a bonus $3 on $10) has the same desc. as smooth criminal tho... Did it replace SC? Also, does Freelancer still exist?

Merc was changed to include Freelancer. Freelancer's effect was changed what Smooth Criminal used to be, and has been added to the mainsite. Smooth Criminal no longer exists. I think that covers it.

http://ninja-academy-online.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33270

Edited by Major

I have gotten two different answers to the following question and so getting a deciding answer on this from someone that is 100% Positive, say an admin, would be lovely.

If you're training for something, such as I am now, and it requires X Amount of words to be completed do any words over that count for EXP?

I need to complete 25 'Posts', AKA 5,000 words, for the skill I am currently working on. If, by the end of the training thread, I hit something like 7200 will those 2200 words then be converted to EXP or is it lost?

This is about to impact me as my next post will place me over the required limit but the way it's been plotted/is going I'll have at least another 2, if not more, posts coming so.. I'll break in and go over that 5,000 words.

Is this a scenario where the bonus words are just more frosting on the cake to ensure that it's approved...? Or is it more that + Extra EXP?

Edit: For a future (A ways off) reference...

Does the weapon Training Clause (Like, starting 0 and words up to 20) affect the cost of it or it's quest length at all?

Edited by MadKatters