Kido

Question And Answer

First: This Is a link to the character sheet you fill in.

Second: You start with 500 Stat Points to allocate, 2 Skill Points, and 4 JP. All of which is listed on the guide.

Third: Bloodlines are a bit tougher than techniques to get by. Techniques is simply following the right formula/rules for creating jutsu of the rank you want. Found Here.

As for Bloodlines? The rules are, as I said, a bit tougher. You'll have to do something unique and likely not a canon bloodline. The staff's already made most of those and likes to control them for the most part. First I'd look at all the approved bloodlines/clans to see if there's something you want. Most are open, not all (Uchiha for one), but a good deal are open to be joined.

For anything else I suggest you go Here It should help.

Traditionally we have a search function that could help you but the site is going through a bit of a spasm at the moment, nothing to worry about, it should hopefully be up once that's sorted. If you have anything else to ask here is as good a place to go. That should answer anything you asked though.

The best answer I can give you is “Kinda-Sorta.” We do give players some leeway in creating characters from minor or “NPC” villages. However, as Ame is an NPC village you wouldn’t be able to accept missions there or role-play there for the most part. Generally when player characters hail from a NPC village, they’re runaways, refugees or missing-nin who’ve moved to a major village. Anything more would need some conscious from the staff. At this time, we’re not introducing another village. But with the right pitch you could have an official Rain Ninja on loan elsewhere.

This is more of an RP acceptability question... Is it possible for a character to be a ninja and be involved with a not so nice organization. For instance is it possible for a character to be a member of a mafia/ yakuza situation and be a ninja? Or would this be to much of a bad thing that would make them missing or something. 

I ask mainly because in some countries such as Oto the crime situation is more frowned upon then treated as a horrible organization. 

Not sure if this has been addressed yet, but concerning ranged weapons, how exactly do Taijutsu and Accuracy inter-relate? Specifically, if you have X Taijutsu and Y Accuracy (assume for the moment also that X > Y), are you limited by one of the two (only X or only Y for determining the modifier), or do you apply both when you calculate the modifier? If neither of these are correct, how is this modifier calculated?

I ask because ranged weapons seem very vague in terms of rules. The only real mention of it I found was in Effects and Stats, Equipment Rules, 6.02d, and the NA NGO.

Pretty sure I know these but just to clarify

1) Can response phase jutsu be used against coalescence jutsu?

2) When the opponent is inflicted with "vulnerable" in a team battle is it their very next response phase they lose or do they lose their next response phase against the user?

You lose your next Response Phase. You are not affected by this Status Effect if you were "Vulnerable" in the previous post. A character may only be afflicted with "Vulnerable" for three (3) total turns per battle.

What's the DP Cost for healing status effects as a medic?

There is a genin level mainsite medical tech that heals 20 Bleeding or poison based DoT for 10 Chakra....

But there's no listed values for cure or anything.

I'm mainly interested in healing things like Bleed, Poison, and Burn.

Is it even possible in a complete heal or partial?

Listed Medical Info in 5.32

Medical Jutsu

To be able to use any type of medical jutsu, unless otherwise stated, you must first obtain the skill First Aid Provider. Further skills are required to learn more advanced medical techniques, and all can be found on the skill page under the medical section.

-Medical Jutsu do not receive any modifiers normally.

-Offensive Medical Jutsu: Can only be accessed by people with 'Path of the Combative Medical Ninja'. These are the only allows Medical Jutsu that can deal damage to a player.

Medical Ratios

Damage/Healing:

Gennin 5:4

Chunnin 1:1

Jounin 4:5

Stat Increases/Decreases:

Gennin 5:4

Chunnin 1:1

Jounin 4:5

*Pay 70% of original price for every turn after that, max of 5 turns. These percentiles are for any type of upkeep.

*Stat addition cannot increase your stats more than 1.5x, (x = your base stat)

Alright, I'll avoid working on a tech for them until you can settle on a good number. I'm not impatient, I was just curious if there were numbers laying around.

I'd think a 1:1 DP Cost in chakra to heal it instantly, or a .8 Over turns or something like induced regeneration would make some sense buuuut... I suck at mechanics. So, take your time to settle on some real numbers. I know you lot are busy enough as it is.

Not a priority by any means for me.

Not sure when we will get time to settle on it if its not pressing, but one thing to remember for healing and self targeting jutsu in general is that they are auto hitting, and that needs to be worked into the cost. There are probably some extra things that need to be considered to make sure you cannot "cleanse" yourself of status effects too often as simple riders on techniques that advance your position in the game as well. Status Effects that land need to be felt as impactful, and making a rule set for medics that let's them automatically remove them too easily would be unhealthy for the game. The best way to wrap status effect healing into one nice rule set would likely be to make a medical only status effect "Cleanse [status Effect]" that had use restrictions and was costed based on the DP of the targeted status effects. With the right wrapper it could maybe be 1:1.

Just dumping my thoughts here publicly for a moment.

Hello, so my character disappeared. I assume he was approved, which is great!

The problem is, I can't see where he got moved to....

I'm assuming that I need to have my village changed so I can see Oto's Ninja. 

So the question is: where do I post something to make that happen? Or do I just PM a person with the authority to do such a divine act?

If Tony doesn't notice it here, you can shoot him a PM.

He (CNTR) or Azure will need to change your permission mask.

He'll be in (Village of choice) Nin-List.

It's a sub-forum you can only see if you're a member of the village (I believe) Since you need a permission mask for it.

The staff member who did the moving should have contacted myself or Azure, or used one of the approved areas to communicate this to us. Since I have gotten a communication neither directly nor indirectly through the easily established channels, it is good to assume that someone dropped the ball or was too lazy to be bothered. I will fix it.

Walking a Different Path After a while, some Ninja decide that the 'path' that they are following is not suited for them. Instead, they will choose to embark upon a new career, hoping that it will be more suitable for them.

Effect: You may chose a new Basic Path. You retroactively lose all bonuses and effects of your original Basic Path. If you bought any skills at a reduced cost with your original Basic Path, you may 'unlearn' those skills, otherwise you must pay full SP for their effects. Any other bonuses (such as additional JP) will be lost as well. If you do not have enough available JP to pay for techniques your character has previously learned, you will go into the negatives until you level up enough to pay the difference.

Requirements:

- Players may only use this option -ONCE-, and can only be done prior to learning an Advanced Path. You must meet any requirements of the new Path. This option may not be used for Advanced Paths. -1 SP

Is.. that a way of saying, until you purchase a new path, it's taking the place of that [1] SP That the path you had before costs and then the new path you picks replaces -that- [1] SP...

Or, is it a permanent cost of 1 SP to swap basic paths?

Also: No other odd requirements (like a level one) On path swapping/taking this that aren't listed right?

Someone thought there was xD

Edited by MadKatters

tl;dr - the wording is super dated and will be fixed shortly. It's intended use is to be a "0" cost skill that gives you a complete do-over on your Path choice. It'll still have the other requirements (can only be taken once, and must be taken before you chose an Advanced Path). 

Walking a Different Path

After a while, some Ninja decide that the 'path' that they are following is not suited for them. Instead, they will choose to embark upon a new career, hoping that it will be more suitable for them.
Effect: You may unlearn your Basic Path skill. You retroactively lose all bonuses and effects of your original Basic Path. If you bought any skills, items or techniques at a reduced cost with your original Basic Path, you have two choices: You may 'unlearn' those skills -or- if you still meet the requirements you may pay full costs for their effects as if the original Basic Path was not taken. If you do not have enough available resources to pay for the techniques, skills or items your character has previously obtained you will go into the negatives until you can pay the difference.

Requirements:
- Players may only use this option -ONCE-, and can only be done prior to learning an Advanced Path. You must meet any requirements of the new Path. This option may not be used for Advanced Paths.
-0 SP 

This is the wording I wrote up the other night and havent had a chance to post.

sneak peek, omg.

• Like 1