Kido

Question And Answer

If a character takes a Path skill and takes the requisite number of bonuses (one or two, depending on the path), then later decides they chose the wrong one, and they haven't yet used any of these bonuses, can they switch?

Example: A character takes Path of the Scout and chooses Wilderness and Alertness in Scout's Passage, can they instead switch from Wilderness for Terraformer if those skills have been put on the sheet but not used in RP or stat battle?

If you took a basic path and made the wrong choices you can take Walking a Different Path to correct your choices. If it is an Advanced Path or you have already used Walking, talk to a staff member as a change will require a special request.

If you are talking about just skills you have taken that you want to untake, that can be handled by Talent Shift. PM me if you have more Q's.

No, there are no available guides for playing a puppeteer or any NA “Class.” Since characters are uniquely designed from the word go, it’s difficult to create an all-encompassing guide on what you need to play something well. At best, we can suggest skills or offer personal experience. How much that helps will vary by what you do with your character.

Puppeteer, however, is a unique cast. The puppeteer system underwent a massive overhaul last year. So few, if any characters, have had an opportunity to explore and test the system. In short, welcome to the final frontier.

Edited by Rei

Can hybrid jutsu fall within a taijutsu style?

If no, can a system similar to a taijutsu style be created for the use of hybrid techniques?

There are a few Hybrid styles already. So long as it involves Taijutsu. You can't do a solely nin/gen one and have it be a 'Taijutsu style.' Or so I understand it.

I know for a fact there is at least one Style of Nin/Tai Hybrids out there. (I run it in Kumogakure.)

I think Kouta uses one as well actually.

Soooooooooo.... Them Weapon Traits on the main site Parry, Ward, Dispel, Defend... they've got no rank limitation.

Does this mean that a gennin can still block and take half damage/effect a chuunin's attacks or not?

RPJ's only let you block stuff of the rank of the technique or lower and you can only negate stuff of equal or lower rank than the user itself I believe.. but does this apply to other things like this?

I'm reading it a bit ambiguously here as it is.. it doesn't state that they can't block anything coming at them from a higher ranked nin or a higher ranked jutsu than they are but.. a gennin blocking something from a chuunin+ Just because they spent 800-1600$ is a bit weird to me.

That is correct, these abilities do not have rank restrictions. Keep in mind that these are blocks and they are Response Phase actions which means you do not get to roll to try and dodge. A Gennin taking a hit from a Jounin, even at half damage, is likely to be devastating.

When applying the effect Bleeding/Burning/Poison to techniques, do you apply 0.8x CP to the static damage or after the modifiers of the rank and type of the technique?

For example, applying 100 bleed damage to a genin ninjutsu is 80CP. For a Chuunin ninjutsu, is it still 80CP or is it reduced by Chuunin modifiers, making it 64CP?

Genin: 100 damage by 1:1 ratio by 0.8 Bleeding/Burning/Poison cost equals 80CP

Chuunin: 100 damage by 4:5 ratio by 0.8 Bleeding/Burning/Poison cost equals 64CP

• Thanks 1

The status effect Dehydrated says 'Whenever you spend Stamina or Chakra, you must spend an additional 20%.' Is that before or after modifiers like inner calm or items? For 40dp/turn I'd guess base, but I might be wrong. Same question for the bonus of Subtle Elements: Scorch.

Modifiers like this are done in order of operations.

1.) Powers and Parenthesis
2.) Multiply and Divide
3.) Add and Subtract

So in this case, 20% is a multiplier and inner calm is a subtractor. So the 20% happens first. Check out Battle System 3.19; How to Calculate Modifiers