Kido

Question And Answer

Kumo: High

Feels good man.

Feeeeels good.

Kumo got a bit of a bump lately and Konoha seems to have always been strong (And more alts incoming I believe)

Iwa and Kiri seem to be good places from what I've gathered. Suna is the place nobody wants to go though, a pity. Formulate a character plan and see where he might go best? Maybe even check out some bloodlines there have been some changes since you last had a character.

Active Populations:

Konoha: High

Kumo: High

Iwa: Moderate

Kiri: Moderate

Oto: Moderate

Suna: Low

To add to this:

Konoha; High active, but largely populated by alternates. One of the few villages where you could make a genin team

Kumo: popular choice for new players, returning players and yokai. Limited on clan sleection though. 

Iwa/Kiri: well-rounded, but suffering from "empty village syndrome."Most characters are on away missions, so the villages are suffering. 

Oto: Active enough, but you're looking at a village of vets and high level characters. Excellent if you want a mentor or GM, but hard to find characters your level. 

Suna: Oto with less activity and slightly weaker roster. 

Well for me all that's different between the villages is to what element I'm going to use XD

The stuff that I look at is more about A) if I'm going to have a chance to actually have people to rp with (so I like some population) and B) if a place could use more people to help make the story there better (so if somewhere doesn't have enough). 

From there I look at the character concept. 

Also, unrelated question: You need to ask permission from the person who made a clan to join a clan right?

Er, just to make sure this is clear I've made some comments...

To add to this:

Konoha; High active, but largely populated by alternates. One of the few villages where you could make a genin team
- There is 1-2 low level characters in Konoha now, the majority of them all got a big level jump after the recent tournament.
Kumo: popular choice for new players, returning players and yokai. Limited on clan selection though. 
Iwa/Kiri: well-rounded, but suffering from "empty village syndrome."Most characters are on away missions, so the villages are suffering. 
- Iwa is at war currently, if you were to join there you would be swept into that, however the only people at lower level are already in a 3 man team.
Oto: Active enough, but you're looking at a village of vets and high level characters. Excellent if you want a mentor or GM, but hard to find characters your level. 
- There are actually 2 new characters in Oto at lower level that you could probably team up with.
Suna: Oto with less activity and slightly weaker roster.

If you want to play with people right away my suggestions would be Oto -> Konoha -> Kumo in that order.

If you want PC mentors for your characters, Oto -> Suna.

If you just want to make a character, get GM'ed and eventually RP with people, pick whatever tickles you the most.

When hit with a multi attack element technique that has a chance to deal a status effect does one make a roll for each hit or just one for the technique hitting you.

Example

Ninja uses "Shocking"

Shocking

Type: Ninjutsu [storm]

Cost: 1 per strike [5 max]

Damage: 1 per strike

They hit all five times, Does the user make 5 rolls for the 20 percent chance of Metabolic Shock or do they only make one?

May use Storm Element techniques. Storm Techniques have a 20% chance on hit to cause "Metabolic Shock" on the target for that turn. 

Edited by Leon

So somewhat of a funny question, followed by a serious question:

Could you have a medical Taijutsu? I didn't see anywhere that said 'no'. I just think it would be very funny to see.

Serious question: Would it be allowed to have a skill that adds modifiers (Nin, Gen, Tai) to medical techniques? Or maybe a bloodline or advanced system?

Edit: I guess I mean w/out losing the modifier to your other Ninjutsu skills. 

Edited by Jinsoku Kazekobushi

The only way to add modifiers is through combative medic. Adding modifiers to healing is dangerous because of how good healing can be, so we limit the ways it is done so it is very controlled.

A medical taijutsu would be hard to get approved, but could work.

2 Questions Today

1) When a technique hits with the effect of vulnerable do the effects take place immediately (if multiple attacks come after it) or do they take place on the next turn? Also if each attack gets its own response phase if someone is targeted with multiple attacks in one turn does vulnerable only last against one of them or all of them?

Vulnerable: You lose your next Response Phase. You are not affected by this Status Effect if you were "Vulnerable" in the previous post. A character may only be afflicted with "Vulnerable" for three (3) total turns per battle.

2) Would you mind explaining "Alertness" a little bit more? Does the first turn of battle for the user utilize the 1.5 speed bonus or does the user use the 1.5 while determining the speed order for the whole game?

- Alertness: The user's speed is treated as 1.5x at the start of a battle when determining turn order.

Vulnerable makes the user lose their NEXT response phase. Since each attack gets its own Response Phase, that means if the user is attacked three times, with the first having vulnerable, this is how it would go.

Response Phase 1

- Hit by Vulnerable

Response Phase 2

- Vulnerable in effect, super crushed by an attack.

Response Phase 3

- No longer Vulnerable, can act normally.

For Alertness, this is only to determine who goes first. So this would mean when determining your original Turn Order (the one that is set before your first turn) you treat your speed as 1.5x. Once you start your turn your speed is normal once more.

Is there a difference between the effects of the steam element and the ash element? Or is steam just not as good?

The last question made me think that steam lasts the whole turn while ash is just for a single response phase. Might have just answered my own question.

Ash

May use Ash Element techniques. A player who is hit with an Ash Technique suffers -10% to dodge in their following response phase. Does not stack. In addition, the user may choose to apply the bonus from one of the Subtle Elements skill required to learn this element if they own it.
Requirements: Subtle Elements; Fire & Earth

Steam

May use Steam Element techniques. Steam Techniques that strike the opponent also lower that opponent’s chance to dodge on the following turn by 6%. In addition, the user may choose to apply the bonus from one of the Subtle Elements skill required to learn this element if they own it.

They are very close, but not the exact same. This is actually very related to the previous question.

Ash gives -10% on the next Response Phase

Steam gives -6% on the next Turn

So if the afflicted player is being attacked by 3 attacks (say by a speedy character) the phases look like this.

Ash

Response 1: -10%

Response 2: -0%

Response 3: -0%

Steam

Response 1: -6%

Response 2: -6%

Response 3: -6%

As you can see, you get -12% if at least two attacks are made on a player in a turn. 

Alright, I have a lot of questions that I have not been able to find in the guide.  Please bare with me. When you build your first character, what do you have to work with? I mean does the character start at level 0 or 1; How many technique points do you start off with? Second, what are the requirements for the creation of a new technique or bloodline? If there is a section of the guide that answers these questions then a link would be greatly appreciated.