Kido

Question And Answer

I've always wondered what the mods for hybrid techniques would be...

Woudl it be like... The two mods added together/2 or something? o.O Or just one mod? Or no mods? XD

I'd say it's Tai/Nin vs. Des/Ris; however, others would say you select one stat to face another. Really, the answer depends on who you ask.

If you throw senbon needles or kunai at someone, do you lose the items after the battle if you win? I'd presume you pick them up...

Unless you own the skill 'Gather' or ability with the same effect ranged weapons are lost at the end of a battle, if thrown.

Unless you own the skill 'Gather' or ability with the same effect ranged weapons are lost at the end of a battle, if thrown.

Wrong. The winner of the fight may pick up all the ranged weapons laying around whether they are his or not.

Can you point out that ruling? I'd like to see a direct quote for the page main site or staff member who told you so.

Edited by Rei

Small - These are one time use weapons. They include kunais, shuriken, throwing needles, etc. Once you use them you cannot use them again in the same battle. If you are the winner of a battle you are allowed too collect all the small weapons on the battlefield, both yours and your opponents. Also, these weapons may be used in melle or ranged combat, you can choose. Small weapons cannot be leveled up.

Small - These are one time use weapons. They include kunais, shuriken, throwing needles, etc. Once you use them you cannot use them again in the same battle. If you are the winner of a battle you are allowed too collect all the small weapons on the battlefield, both yours and your opponents. Also, these weapons may be used in melle or ranged combat, you can choose. Small weapons cannot be leveled up.
Edited by Chase

Well if its in between friends wouldn't you think the winner would give the weapons back to who they belong to? I think it applies more to real combat because the people don't get koed in friendly spars.

I beleive that an in village spar between to comrades, they would keep their own items at the end of battle, unless the characteres perhaps hated each other.

EDIT: Lemon beat me to it.. :glare:

Edited by Nappers

Strange little question here. I just cut an arm off my character and threw on Sealed Ninjutsu and Sealed Genjutsu for no points, just to have an explanation in-system for why he can't perform jutsu right now. Now, does anyone think I should throw some kind of Taijutsu penalty on there too? This 1-armed thing has only been done by 1 member by my reckoning, and that was back on 3.0 (1armedbandit, you are still remembered!). I can't recall whether or not he had one, but there's plausible explanations as to why he would or would not have a Tai penalty.

I recall that character and can remember the exact penalties:

-Cannot use Ninjutsu/Genjutsu without One hand seals

-User's physical attacks heal 75% of standard damage

-User takes 125% damage from a physical attack

Do you remember if we ruled on whether or not it would be possible to overcome the Tai penalties? I never did like that "125% Tai damage", even back then. I mean, the body's just as tough even missing one limb. It really should have been a penalty to EVA against Tai.

Well, you are making a rather broad comparison. Shinobi are trained for war and learn to cope with lost limbs and the like. I'm sure the drawbacks could be overcme with time, but it'd take years in game.

Ooooh, good point. I'm going to have to make a fighting style so I can use my sword. I can't use any truly two-handed equipment now without a lot of special training. Swords are one thing, but I'll need to learn to shoot a bow with my teeth.

Erm...one handed cartwheels are easy to do! But you should only get half your basic attacks if you use punches, same with throwing small weapons.