Kido

Question And Answer

Hidden Mist Skill (Kirigakure no Jutsu)

Type: Genjutsu

Cost: 20, and 10 everyturn afterwards to keep effective.

Damage: N/A

Effect: Raises your accuracy by 20, decreases enemy accuracy by 20. All eye clans (Uchiha, Hyuuga, any clan with a bloodline involving the eyes) take -40 accuracy.

Description: A technique that uses moisture in the air to engulf the opponent in mist. This mist makes it harder for your opponent to see, which gives you more of a chance for a sucessful strike

Okay, my question:

This description says the opponent, not plural, but this seems like an AoE technique, so does it effect everyone in the battle? And seeing as it seems as in AoE when I say "everyone" I mean friendly as well. If so I believe it should be changed to say, "all other characters" instead of "the opponent".

Guest Laguna

Question: Is there going to be a reset or is that just a rumor? I want a definite answer because I don't want to start making stuff just to get my time wasted and etc...

Question: Is there going to be a reset or is that just a rumor? I want a definite answer because I don't want to start making stuff just to get my time wasted and etc...

A Mod confirmed it. Also, you could just save you stuff and post them later.

Guest MrSako
There will not be a reset. That mod, whoever it is, is an idiot.

There will be some resetting of certain things, but there will be no complete character resets.

Also, all topics, threads, etc will be kept, so it wont be lost.

Can we get an idea of the things that are going to be gotten rid of? This is important because it will have people plan how their characters may change.

-if %TXP skills are gone...

-if skills that grant stats are gone (like Medical Conditioning)...

-if Ghost XP is finally gotten rid of (which there is no need for it anymore)

-if 'Stat Training' is finally abolished...

-if Unbreakable is finally balanced... (instead of static price, just double weapon price, maybe triple, and that includes -all- upgrades)

-if Jutsus are going to be changed...

-if we are returning to a more 'pure' NA system... (even if we are not, see below)

I am planning on recalling all the Dragon Balls Spheres (not like anyone got them) and all the Zanpakuto and purging all Hyuuga/Uchiha upon the next update. This includes everyone with a transfusion or who has stolen the bloodline. If skill points were spent, then they will be returned. If it was stolen, then I'll clap you on the back and say 'good job' for who you stole it from, unfortunately it will crumble to dust and that is that. I was also planning on killing my %TXP-based bloodlines, because I've already ranted on how incredibly powerful it is.

If there is no 'character reset' then I will allow people who have done the 'Quest for the Zanpakuto' to gain TXP for their posting, because those creations will be gone. If it was achieved through a purchase, then the money will be refunded, and any skill points spent on skills required to obtain the items can be returned (with the skills removed, of course).

At the minimum, there should at least be a 'wipe' with retention of death bonus and TXP and maybe money. I would be more in favor of a complete do-over, but with the changes I am going to introduce with the skills that were approved before, and with Jutsu (since you have said many times that the Jutsu system is going to change), I think that some sort of 'starting over' is the best thing.

But in the very least, I am giving you all a heads up on what is changing with the next update, regardless of a system-wide reset:

1. Complete reset of Hyuuga/Uchiha, including transfusions and stolen eyes.

2. Purging of Zanpakuto and Dragon Spheres from the system

3. Get rid of the 'Genetic Mutation: Weakened Gates' series (this is contingent on the removal of %TXP skills from our system, otherwise I'll keep my broken character and show you why she should have been sent back to Shen Long :wub: )

4. Uhhhh.... yeah, that was about it I think. And I might finally finish the 7-Swords.

But anyway, I have my 8-hour test today. Thank you for all the well-wishers. For those who are going to be upset by the changes I am introducing, I'm sorry. But, you have the option of staying in Konoha, because I do believe that the other canon Clans will be getting a good makeover, and if you want to join those, you probably have nicer Clan Heads who don't require essay-writing and open competition. :blush:

There will not be a reset. That mod, whoever it is, is an idiot.

There will be some resetting of certain things, but there will be no complete character resets.

Also, all topics, threads, etc will be kept, so it wont be lost.

I think you're a bit confused by the ‘reset' term. Seeing that jutsu, bloodline, skills, weapons and clans must be resubmitted to follow whatever changes are made a reset of some kind will take place. No one has ever confirmed a complete character reset seeing that anyone with brain-cells would know whole the Staff (as a whole) feels about that subject.

Guest MrSako

Answer to #3

Jounins can teach:

up to 5 total ranks worth of skills (almost any skill, Chakra Flow and Intestinal Fortitude can only have Rank 1 taught, and the new Uchiha/Hyuuga Clans will not allow Clan Skills or Bloodline Skills to be taught)

can also teach Jutsu... but these take up Jutsu slots

Question: According to the Gate rules: All Gates may be used once per battle and in the order learned. If you can recall the opening chapters of the Chuunin exam arc Rock Lee healed moments after an encounter with two Chuunin examiners, this was pointed out by Sakura. Given careful consideration to the facts that Lee had no advanced bloodline or noted medical abilities his healing was caused by the Heal Gate.

Question: could a character use the ‘Heal Gate' out of order?

Eight Celestial Gates~

To Learn a Gate, you must first seek out your village's Kage for approval.

You must learn all Gates in the order listed below.

Each gate can only be opened once per battle, and they must be done in order. So you have to open the Initial gate before the heal gate, etc.

For each Gate, you must find a teacher. These cannot be learned on your own. Each Gate takes 20 posts from you, teacher posts do not count towards this.

A gate takes a main phase to open.

Did you read the rules at all? The Gates must be preformed in order on NA, but I don't see how that works if Rock lee managed to use the Heal Gate before the first one.

Guest Rei-Chun
Tenten healed too, so I have reason to believe that he did not use Heal Gate.

Let's not forget Tenten idolized Tsunade so it's not unreasonable to believe she had some medical ablitites. Also, Sakura pointed out Lee's sudden healing, Tenten's was more trivial.

Guest SpionKop

Sakura idolised Tsunade as well, but didn't learn any medical abilities until she actually trained under her.

Also, more trivial or not, Tenten's injuries were healed.

It's possible that the entire thing was part of the genjutsu, since they were faking it after all.

Guest Rei-Chun
Sakura idolised Tsunade as well, but didn't learn any medical abilities until she actually trained under her.

Are we really going to compar the one-track mind of ‘classic' Sakura to Tenten?

Seeing that no staff member is willing to answer if the heal Gate could be used out of sequence I'll drop the question like so many others.

This might be a stupid question, but I'm sure I'm not the only one to think this.

When you obtain a ranked skill later on in levels when, say, you're around level twenty. Can you obtain all the ranks prior for every five levels you previously obtained, or does the five level rule start whenever you get it? Like, at level 23 you have to wait for level 28, and so on.

Guest MrSako

Well, seeing as no one keeps records of when you got a particular skill, and seeing as noone keeps as keen an eye on character sheets as I do... you'd be able to 'get away with' just ranking for every 5th level you are without getting caught.

Of course, if we required that you write down what skills you get at what level... then things would be a bit different.

Guest ChidorivsRasengan

I don't think so. If a skill needs training, it's with a jounin or chuunin. So if the skill is no longer restricted to jounin training, I'd assume no training is needed at all.