Kido

Question And Answer

1.) Active Crit is for attacks, so all strikes within an attack get bonus chance to crit.

2.) The base damage of a weapon is divided by the number of swings. So..

1 Swing = [weapon base + modifiers] / # of swings

3.) Correct.

4.) You can cast Little Girl. (You should never have half a skill point. If you do please PM me with how.)

Any reason a 2 for 1 purchase of genjutsu creator was not included in the path of the Mesmer update? It was a part of the old path of the warrior genjutsu specialty. That path seems particularly underwhelming especially since genjutsu shaper was changed and already costs 1 skill point

Going off on Lemon's question on Path of the Mesmer! Focused mind: gaining ranks of Genjutsu Shaper for 1 SP. It looks like Genjutsu Shaper is normally 1 SP per rank. Is Mesmer a requirement for taking that skill then? 

(This is where I misread last night and interpreted spending 1.5 SP on Genjutsu Shaper rank 3)

Persuasive Master: (Choose Two)
-Smooth Talker: May gain 2 ranks of 'Merchant' for 1 skill point.
-Focused Mind: May gain ranks of 'Genjutsu Shaper' for 1 skill point.
-Perceptive Mind: May gain ranks of 'The Seeing Mind' for 1 skill point.
-Destructive Mind: May gain 'Brahma the Creator' for 1 skill point.

Setup Phase

The setup phase is just as the name implies, a phase in which you may prepare for your main phase action, or do some other small task. The setup phase is not a phase in which you should be attackin your opponent, that should be left for the main phase. In the Setup Phase, you may do ONE of the following:

- Use Items (Medical items, scrolls, etc.)

- Pull out/ Pick up a large weapon or item (larger than character’s hand). You do not need to use a turn to pull out a kunai, shuriken, etc. As many as logic will allow, you can’t wield 3 swords.

- Put away/ Drop a large weapon/ item (larger than character’s hand). You do not need to use a turn to put away a kunai, shuriken, etc. As many as logic will allow, you can’t stick a sword in a kunai pouch.

- Activate a bloodline that requires activation unless stated that it takes up the whole turn.

- Inscribe something onto a scroll.

Is the bold underlined sentence a legacy rule?

Also, what is the difference between full opening and full chain opening?

Edited by Cho Hakkai

For dark techniques, it states "All Dark Techniques have +20% effects and total damage but cost 10% of the techniques cost in Health to perform, rounded up." Is that to the effects in general or for the turn duration? If the later, would it be able to break the caps of justu effects turn limit?

For any of the combinatorial elements, if in theory you were to use the Water Subtle Elements attribute, would you need to be near the element's in question to get the reduction or an actual body of water? Example: For gravity or Light/dark techs, would you need a large amount of of gravity/light or darkess to be present (which would be... constant depending on the time of day?) or would you actually need to be water. Logically, it doesn't make sense to me at the higher tiers, but mechanically I can understand it.

For several effects, "May only be used once a battle by Gennin, three times by Chuunin and six times by Jounin" is stated. Does that mean the effect can only be inflicted that many times or justu involving that effect can only be used that many times?

Edited by Cho Hakkai

1. Turn duration is not part of the Effect, so Combinatorial Dark would not increase or allow you to break turn duration for status effects. Everything that is written "in-line" with the status effects name (the err... effects of the status effect, if you will) would receive the bonus. 

2. Usually that stuff is clarified in the skill itself, e.g. Subtle Elements: Water explicitly states in the "All Water Techniques cost 10% less and deal 10% more base damage when near a large source of liquid water, rounded up.", Combinatorial Wood explicitly states in the skill "Wood Techniques cost 5% less and have 10% more effect when within an area surrounded by large groupings of trees (forests, woods, etc.), rounded up."

Using your example of Light/Dark and Water -  you wouldn't need Light or Dark present to get the benefit from Light/Dark techniques, however if you wanted to apply the bonus from Subtle Elements: Water, you would need to be near a body of liquid water. 

3. "May only be used".

Would the Climate Monsoon count as a large body of water?

And if a clone uses a dark technique, do they automatically get destoryed? And can clones have more than 1 hp like in the stance of if they use light techniques

Edited by Cho Hakkai

I'm sort of at a loss with my Jounin character. She's probably completely outdated and I don't know where to start... And I sort of want to "rework" her stats or... idk. :C Can I resub the same character and take a TXP hit? Or can someone just... help me get back up to speed with NA? /lost

http://ninja-academy-online.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=29116  - This is Arisu! I do want to keep her, but like I said, she seems like her numbers need a rework. I really haven't done anything with her or anything since the whole exp change.

@Cho

1. Yes. Terrain/climate effects is generally a pretty surefire way to make sure any elemental effect goes off. (Pic Related: It's a picture of a location in China after a moonson, i.e. there is a shit ton of water involved). 

2.When Damage and Costs Occur:  The cost for a technique or other ability cannot be paid if it would bring you below 0 in said stat.

In this case, the technique would fizzle and the clone would be destroyed if it did not have enough health to perform it (as worded, paying health is part of the cost of using a Dark technique, not the result of). 

3. Can clones have more than 1 HP? Yes. Can a Healing Jutsu (or any healing effect) raise the clone's health above 1HP if that's all the HP the clone has? No. You cannot "gain" health when using healing techniques - it can only restore your health to its maximum. 

Edited by Rhap Sodos
  • Like 1

When inflicted with "Vulnerable" your response phase is considered negated. How does this effect jutsu that are already active like Shield of Sand? Is the user unable to use the shield of sand that turn?

Okay so i guess my follow up question now is what is the purpose of Full Opening at all? It is more expensive and can have a response phase jutsu used against it unlike vulnerable which grants an auto hit regardless and is not tied to any jutsu requirement (where as opening jutsu require a specific jutsu to be used)